Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Blog Post #8: Chapter 9 Reading (Specifically)

SORRY THIS IS LATE
I HAD INTERNET PROBLEMS LAST NIGHT AND COULDN'T POST ANYTHING! AHG! I HATE THE INTERNET RIGHT NOW.
moving on.....
Interesting sentence from Chapter 9:
"But Aisha's got this fire in her. It's different from Taslima's, which is more like a lot of words that ignite and spark around us and fade out once she's done yelling. Aisha's burns slow and steady." Nadira on Aisha's energy on page 70.
I'm sort of wondering how they became a team so fast, really. If you think about it, one chapter they're at each other's throats and the next they're all buddy-buddy with each other.
It's a bit odd, really.
Anyway, I think that Nadira's got Aisha's energy a bit wrong. I think Aisha burns quickly and erratically, and Nadira burns slow and steadily. But that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment