Monday, March 9, 2009

Blog Post #7: Chapters 7, 8, & 9 Reading

Interesting sentence from Chapters 7, 8, & 9:
"Here I was, feeling sorry for Aish, and then she calls me names and bosses me around. Still, I hike myself out of bed and stumble into the bathroom." Nadira from 'Ask Me No Questions' on page 59, about Aisha being bossy too early in the day.
I think that Aisha is really mean. She called Nadira 'fatso' and all Nadira was doing was getting some sleep! It's not like going on diets is extremely healthy and I doubt that Nadira is THAT overweight. If she were that bad, she'd be having more trouble than she is. I also thought that the story about Abba and Ma was terribly sweet, and a bit romantic. Kind of a 'girl next door' thing.
I think that it's really great how Nadira and Aisha finally teamed up, but I have a really bad feeling about going to Ali-Uncle and having him show them the money books. They can't just take stuff out of there, and they should know that, but I don't think they really do!
Also, Aisha seems to have snapped a bit. This is the second time she's broken down/gotten really mad/sad at Nadira. I have a feeling that what we saw is not all she can do. What would happen if she really snapped?

1 comment:

  1. Too true- nothing to throw off the morning like one of those morning people (shudder) bossing you around before you've managed to wake up properly. I liked Abba and Ma's story as well- really sort of "boy meets girl thing". I don't know whether or not they'll manage to get the money, but i just think that somehow it won't work out.

    ReplyDelete