Thursday, March 5, 2009

Blog Post #5: Chapter 6 Reading

The sentence that I chose from Chapter 6 was:
"Daughters are not daughters, and wives don't act like wives." Uncle from 'Ask Me No Questions on page 43, about America and how people change.
I think that Uncle was acting very selfishly and not very politely at all. He was making rude comments and then blew up at Nadira for just being who she is. I don't like him much, I think he's too judgmental and doesn't wait to hear the other side of the story. That makes me mad, because I love to look at both sides of the story and if someone doesn't get their chance to talk, I get frustrated because then you can't look at both sides. I wish that he would just get over himself a little bit. I understand that they have different customs where he comes from, but does he have to have such a stick up his butt attitude about it?
It also seems like everyone snapped a bit in Chapter 6. That was scary, I really never would have imagined Nadira standing up for herself like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment