Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Blog Post #14: Chapter 16 Reading

Interesting sentence:
"She laughs, tipping the can against her teeth, her voice sounding hollow and tinny. 'Do you really believe that?'
'Yes.'
She snorts." page 147
I could really hate her right now, if I didn't think that she is SERIOUSLY misunderstood and would benefit from a good long session (a few of them) with a psychiatrist.
She needs help. She's just not getting it.
Help for her could be anything, it could be as simple as telling someone what's really going on, which is what Nadira was suggesting, going to tell Mr. Friedlander, I really think that they should tell him. They would totally make Aisha Valedictorian, but I'm not sure if she deserves it because she's been so rude to Nadira. I know that her relationship with her sister has no direct impact on her studies, but I believe that the Valedictorian should be a kind and respectful person as well as excellent at her studies.
I don't feel that Aisha is very respectful of Nadira and her feelings. She (Aisha) needs to grow up a bit and then take another look at things. That's what I think anyway. Not everything is about what is going in school or your academic achievements and I don't think that Aisha's quite realized that yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment